Being able to autofill on websites that use 2 distinct steps/forms for login and pwd

Options
Yoms
Yoms
Community Member

Hi,

On many websites, you have to first fill the login, validate, and only then a new form or field appears to enter the pwd. Not practical, but I guess this is how the aesthetic of the web currently is.

This requires us to call 1Password's browser extension twice.

Is it possible to implement a mechanism that will autofill the password field automatically in that particular scenario?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Yoms!

With the companion browser extension, you will have to call 1Password twice, once for the username and once for the password page. I am not aware of a way to make this work by just calling 1Password once, since the login process is divided over two pages.

However, the 1Password X browser extension behaves as you wish: one you use it to fill your username on a page, it will automatically fill your password once you load the next page ;)

• Yoms
    Yoms
    Community Member
    Options

I have a perpetual license, so I can't use 1Password X.

But if it can be done in 1Password X, and since this a web app, then it can be done in any web app, including the 1Password's browser extension. When the login is entered and user clicked on "Submit", using async methods in javascript, you would be able to wait for the new page to be loaded and then continue filling the password field.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Yoms:

Thank you for the feedback! :+1: I will make sure to let our developers know.

This discussion has been closed.