To use 1password to log in in a service via app makes the credential entity be edited

Options
wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member

Hi,
first of all, please excuse me for the title of this discussion. Was not easy to find a little and super clear one.

I noticed that if I use the autofill feature of 1Password app with an app, for a service whose log-in credentials I have, the entity containing those credentials is edited for 1Password. Even if no ANY content of the entity is edited, actually.

I realized it because I use the "sort by last editing" on macOS app of 1password, and I paired the cause (to use the autofill feature of 1Password app on Android) and the effect (to make appear the entity of my vault as edited with that action).

To confirm this, I noticed that the entity's "last modification" entry is consistent: it is exactly the moment when I used the autofill function on Android app.

Not a big deal, at all, but it seems strange to me.

1Password Version: 7.4.BETA-7 (build #70400007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: native sync of 1Password server(s)

Comments

• peri
    Options

@wizard86pz Hey! When you first use Autofill to fill a Login item into an app on Android, 1Password automatically creates a new section in this item called Linked apps, and adds a link to the app. This way, 1Password knows you want this Login to be associated with this app in the future, so you don't have to keep searching for and selecting the Login to use.

So, the first time you fill a Login into the app, the item is modified, as the link is added, and this updates the timestamp on the item.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for info. I noticed just recently, maybe because before I didn't use the autofill feature.

• No problem @wizard86pz, I'm glad Peri was able to help. If you have any other questions, please just ask :)

This discussion has been closed.