No way to manage deevices/sessions of an account from any app

Options
wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member

Hi all,
is there a specific reason why I cannot manage my paired/trusted devices to my account, from any 1Password app? As far I can see, only from web session I can request a 2FA code for a device/session, on its next access...or delete a device/session paired.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @wizard86pz

Only that we haven't had the opportunity to build many of the administrative features out into the client apps at this point. I believe that is something we'd like to do in the future, but it isn't something high on the priority list. It'd be great to have full access to all of the administrative functions in the apps, though. :+1:

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for info as always. But this time I'm a little disappointed by your great Team: this is not a simple feature request where I'm ok with a "it isn't something high on the priority list". It's a crucial feature in such scenario. 1Password core feature, for me, is its cloud syncing. This means that most users have several devices, synced in cloud, to have all the important info always accessible. You know better than me :) So, in a multi-device scenario is crucial to have possibility to quickly remove a session from an already authenticated session. No? This time I'd really like to have a little more reasons of this "low priority" for 1Password Team, if possible.

Thanks in advance Ben.

• Ben
    Options

@wizard86pz

I'm not sure I understand what having this function in the client apps provides you that having it in the web interface does not, other than a small level of convenience (e.g. not having to switch from the 1Password app to a browser). Would you be able to elaborate about this a bit, please? Perhaps not understanding that component has contributed to it being prioritized the way it has.

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for confusion so :)

Web app has no lack of any feature to do what I described, the mobile apps (and desktop either) has simply no way to disable/see the account session/device paired.

I got your point: with my device in my hand, I can access to web and do whatever I want with my sessions. But I just feel a big lack in something that a secure app should always have in my personal opinion: a way to manage session from ANY app of the service.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @wizard86pz. :) Hopefully as the team grows we'll be able to focus more resources on this. As of right now all of our developers have tasks scheduled and the roadmap is set for the current development cycle. To work on this we'd have to pull people off what they're currently working on, and delay those features/fixes. I don't think we're going to do that at this stage. We are in the process of hiring additional development staffing though, so if you know someone who might be a good fit please send them our way:

Jobs & careers

Ben

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot for additional info Ben, I think to have some good friend-dev to redirect ;)

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.