my 1Password quits unexpectedly on my Windows 10 machine almost every time I load it?

Options

Most times when I open 1Password on my laptop. I get the red message at the bottom telling me that it quit unexpectedly. Sometimes it just crashes at this point and goes away, other times I can get to my data. When it crashes, I have to try logging in multiple times for it to finally load.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:quits unexpecedly

Comments

• I saw you posted twice here, @skretch500, so I went ahead and deleted the duplicate – I hope you don't mind. :chuffed: When dealing with crashes, it's best we take a look at logs. A lot of times the same behavior doesn't necessarily mean the same underlying issue. To that end, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

This doesn't require that you unlock 1Password, so if it's not impractical to unlock given the behavior you're seeing feel free to skip it. I also know this might take you a few tries and apologize in advance for that extra effort. Finally, if you're finding it totally impossible to generate the report, just let me know here – we can pull these logs from Windows itself as an alternative if needed. Assuming you're able to generate the report, attach it to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com. Do not post your diagnostics here. This is a public forum and these do include some things you may not want to share with the whole world.

In case someone else sees your e-mail before me, include a link to this thread. That way they can "connect the dots" when they see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  For bonus points, post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :chuffed:

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :+1:

• skretch500
    skretch500
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic file sent. Support ID Number is: #ECQ-75781-729

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skretch500,

I can see that we received your diagnostics report, so let's continue our conversation via email. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: ECQ-75781-729

This discussion has been closed.