Help: Mesed up Masterpassword, but Safe still accessible with TouchID

Options
Chris90
Chris90
Community Member

Dear all
I use 1PW Standalone on two iOS and one WinPC.
Today I messeed up my masterpassword and now I have not acces to 1pw on most of my devices, except one iPhone, where 1PW is still accessible with TouchID..
How can I recover the Massterpassword or atlesed all my datas in 1PW?
:p

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Chris90

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Here is what I'd recommend:

1. Sign up for a 1Password membership trial using a web browser on a computer that is connected to a printer. Be sure to print your Emergency Kit and write in your Master Password as part of the signup process. You'll be prompted to do this.
    2. Unlock 1Password for iOS using Touch ID and then add the newly created account to 1Password (Settings > 1Password Accounts) and follow the steps to migrate your data: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account
    3. Your data will now be accessible through your 1Password account using the newly established 1Password account Master Password and Secret Key, which are on the Emergency Kit you printed in step 1

How you move forward from there will depend on how you'd like to use 1Password going forward. We're no longer advertising standalone usage but if you'd like to revert to that you can do so using these instructions:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

If you'd prefer to continue with membership, which is now the de facto route, you'd just reset each of the apps and then sign into your account. You can read more about the benefits of membership here:

About 1Password membership

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.