Possible to turn off locking/unlocking animation?

Options
onodera3
onodera3
Community Member

I seem to remember that there used to be an option to turn off the locking and unlocking animation? I can't seem to find it anymore though.

Generally I have liked this animation in the past, but on my mac the animation currently seems to be a bit janky. It's a bit slow/delayed sometimes and it flickers a lot. It's mainly the flickering that bothers me really. Also with the browser extension in chrome, with touch id enabled, the animation from the keyhole to the fingerprint with color doesn't go well at all with the flickering. It just makes it look like more flickering is happening and it's not very smooth. Sometimes it does go smoothly but usually it doesn't... I'd prefer to just turn it off and maybe that would make things faster.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mysticflute!

I am afraid that this disabling animations is currently not possible in 1Password 7.

It's mainly the flickering that bothers me really.

Can you perhaps post a video of the flickering, so we can understand what is happening exactly. Thank you!

• onodera3
    onodera3
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah I'll try. It's usually when bringing it up for the first time, or in a long time. But that's also the majority of the time when the animation will show.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.