Unlock all vaults instead only main

Options

When unlocking 1Password X on the browser, only the main vault gets unlocked. In my scenario, I have my personal account and my business account. When I unlock 1Password app on macOS, it unlocks all vaults (personal and business). But when unlocking 1Password X on the browser, it only unlocks the main vault, the business account keeps locked until I log in on it again through Settings.

Is this a bug or an expected behavior?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 1.17.0 (Chrome)
OS Version: macOS 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ggirotto! That's a good question. What you're describing is indeed expected behavior. 1Password for Mac will behave differently than 1Password X when unlocking. You unlock 1Password for Mac with the Master Password of the account that was first added. With 1Password X, you unlock accounts separately based on their separate Master Passwords (if you set them up to be different). If you're wanting to unlock 1Password X with only one Master Password, you can set your 1Password accounts up to have the exact same Master Password. I hope that helps!

• ggirotto
    ggirotto
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification @kaitlyn. I'll keep the master passwords different and manually unlock both vaults.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ggirotto – Absolutely! I hope you have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.