Safari Extension Doesn't download

thesame1
thesame1
Community Member

I've installed 1 Password 7 on my Mac and am trying to install the 1Password Extension with no luck. The download from the app store just spins where the progress bar is. I am unable to use 1Password in Safari because of this. I can see the 1Password icon at the top of my toolbar, and clicking on it results in being prompted to turn on the 1Password extension. There are no extensions in my Safari gallery.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.1 1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

With recent versions of 1PW the extension is part of the program (due to changes by Apple)., not a separate item Take a look at the Extensions section of Safari preferences and see if it is there and is enabled.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thesame1!

If you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab, do you see the 1Password browser extension enabled like this?

I've installed 1 Password 7 on my Mac and am trying to install the 1Password Extension with no luck. The download from the app store just spins where the progress bar is.

So just to make sure I don't misunderstand your message: you already have 1Password installed, but you are trying to install a second copy from the Mac App Store, correct? Please note that this is not necessary if you just want the Safari extension, as danco correctly wrote.

• thesame1
    thesame1
    Community Member

I’m trying to install on the 1Password extension. When I go to the Safari extensions gallery, I’m taken to the Mac App Store. I do not see the extension as pictured above. I do not see any extensions in my copy of Safari

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@thesame1:

When I go to the Safari extensions gallery, I’m taken to the Mac App Store.

Please don't go to the Safari extensions gallery. If you already have 1Password installed, please quit any other installation procedure that you started, or it will interfere with what you already have installed.

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password, and Safari as well? Do you see the 1Password extension in the Safari preferences now?

• thesame1
    thesame1
    Community Member

I relaunched safari and 1password. I do not see any extensions in Safari preferences

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@thesame1:

Please reboot your Mac once. If you still don't see the 1Password extension in Safari preferences, please create a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• thesame1
    thesame1
    Community Member

I sent the report initially to support@1password.com and then to the address you've provided above. [#TQL-22467-384]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@thesame1:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your email. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

ref: TQL-22467-384

This discussion has been closed.