What old files can I safely delete now I've switched from license to subscription?

ricklecoat
ricklecoat
Community Member

I recently switched over from a license model with standalone vaults (synced through DropBox) to a tidier 'subscription-based' account. It's al good and working fine. Thing is, I've been using 1PW for years — going back to v3, I think, maybe even v2 — over several incarnations of MacOS, so I have loads of support files rattling around in my ~/Library folder (not to mention the now-unused syncing files inside DropBox). Some of these files actually refer to a specific version — there's a folder in Application Support called '1Password 4' — but I can't be 100% certain that it's not still used; it's conceivable that the contents got updated for later versions even if the folder didn't get renamed.

So: now that I'm all 100% account-based and syncing via my account rather than through DropBox, what files and folders can I throw away to clear out the cruft of all those standalone-vault/license-based years?

NB. I did look at the 'Deleting 1PW' knowledge article, but that deals with removing 1PW (and its data) entirely from a machine; I only want to delete the old detritus that's no longer needed, not the stuff that is.

Can somebody provide a full list of files I can chuck out?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1PW account

Comments

This discussion has been closed.