iOS AutoFill after an iPhone restaet

Options
PavelPr
PavelPr
Community Member

Good day,

First, thank you for your product and hard work!

I've encountered a small issue and I thought I'd report it. My 1Password app is configured to work with Face ID, unless the iPhone restarts – in which case, there is a one-time master password prompt.

When attempting to use AutoFill after the phone is restarted (without launching 1Password through its app icon first), the master password is being prompted for every time AutoFill is used. Moreover, despite the master password being entered through AutoFill, opening the app through the app icon results in a master password prompt. The only way to make AutoFill work with Face ID is to launch the app through its app icon (and not AutoFill) once, then 1Password "remembers" the master password and subsequent AutoFill launches work as expected.

This is by no means a critical issue, but I thought it'd be okay to let you know.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• swkent
    swkent
    Community Member
    Options

I have always found that after a restart, I have to open the app and enter the master password. Then it will autofill using face ID until it restarts again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PavelPr!

Thank you for taking the time to share this. The current behavior is the expected one: you need to unlock the main 1Password app at least once before AutoFill can work with Touch ID or Face ID. This is because AutoFIll is an extension of the app, and does not have the power to change the lock state of the main app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@swkent:

That is correct, it's the main app that controls this behavior. That is why you need to unlock that at least once, before AutoFill can start using Face ID.

This discussion has been closed.