How do I activate an individual subscription?

edited January 27 in Purchasing

I have an iOS device and a Mac laptop. iOS is fine and Mac trial of 30 day of version 7 has expired. I'm trying to sign up for the subscription but I can't get into my 1password.com account. I do not have a team or family plan, so I either appear to 1) not have an account on 1password or 2) have an account but can't get into it. I have my email address, my secret key from Mac 1password app, my 1password Mac app master password, but apparently something is not right and I'm really confused. How do I verify that I have an existing 1 password.com account and how can I get into it? Is the website password separate from the local 1password app master password I use? If so, can I reset my 1password.com password?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @SaddlTramp! Welcome to the forum!

How do I verify that I have an existing 1 password.com account and how can I get into it?

You can enter your email address here, and you will receive an email telling you if you have a 1Password account under that email address.

Is the website password separate from the local 1password app master password I use?

We recommend using the same to lower the risk of forgetting the password, but you can use two different ones if you prefer. If when you created your 1Password account you chose a different password from the one you use to unlock the app, you will have two.

If so, can I reset my 1password.com password?

For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file