Cmd-\ pastes clipboard contents

Charles Butcher
Charles Butcher
Community Member

Does anyone else find that trying to autofill login details by pressing Cmd-\ pastes the contents of the clipboard into the password field?

I quite often see this when using Firefox (72.0.2) with the 1Password extension (4.7.5.90) and 1Password 7.4.1. Pressing Cmd-\ again generally fills the username and password as intended.

I'm not sure whether it's limited to Firefox. If so, I guess there could be a problem with that extension?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: AgileBits
Referrer: forum-search:clipboard

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Charles Butcher!

I don't remember this ever happening on my computer in the Firefox browser. Is this happening consistently for you?

• Charles Butcher
    Charles Butcher
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana – This happens often, but not consistently. At the moment I can't reproduce it. I'm sorry to be so vague; until now I've viewed it simply as a minor annoyance, so I've not paid great attention to what's going on at the time.

My working assumption is that it's a Firefox problem, because I made Firefox my default browser a month or so back and I don't remember the issue before that. But plenty of room for flawed logic there.

I wondered if it made a difference whether I was using 1Password Mini or the full 1Password app, so I'll try to check that. I often use LaunchBar to open login pages, and although I can't see what difference that might make, perhaps it might? I also wondered about conflicting keyboard shortcuts, but again so far I can't see a problem there.

I'll report back if I can pin it down further, and in the meantime perhaps this will ring a bell with other forum users.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Charles Butcher:

Sounds good, please let us know if you find a way to consistently reproduce this, and we will be happy to test that here too :+1:

This discussion has been closed.