1PasswordX (Firefox) unable to establish connection

Just installed the beta of 1PasswordX since I heard it had TouchID support but I'm having trouble getting it to connect to the desktop app

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2.BETA-2 (70402002) 1Passw
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @silverAndroid!

For Desktop App Integration you need to install both the beta version of 1Password X and the beta version of 1Password for Mac. You've already got the first half which is great! The beta version of 1Password for Mac can be downloaded from our downloads page (found in the bottom left of page): https://1password.com/downloads/mac/. Once both are installed you will be prompted to configure Desktop App Integration.

If you hit any issues in doing so, please let me know!

• silverAndroid
    silverAndroid
    Community Member

@nickmcguire haven't I already installed the beta version of 1Password for Mac?

• nickmcguire
    nickmcguire
    1Password Alumni

Yup that is the beta, so it should be prompting you. Would I be able to get a look at your log for 1Password X to get a better insight into what's going on? You can find out how to grab them here. If you'd rather not post them to a public forum, you can always email the log to us at support+x@1password.com. Just be sure to include a link to this forum post so we can match them up.

• silverAndroid
    silverAndroid
    Community Member

Looks like BETA 3 seems to have fixed the issue, thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm so glad to hear that, @silverAndroid! On behalf of Nick, you're very welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.