Unable to find Sync in 1Password 7.3.2. Therefore unable to manually migrate to new MacBook Pro

curryk89
curryk89
Community Member

Trying to manually migrate from a 10 year old MacBook to a new MacBook. Unable to find "Sync" as directed in the suggested solutions on line. Using 1Password 7.3.2.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to find Sync in 1Password 7.3.2. Therefore unable to manually migrate to new MacBook Pro

Comments

• curryk89
    curryk89
    Community Member

Using iOS version 10.13.6

• @curryk89

By "sync," I am thinking you are referring to the sync tab in 1Password preferences? If you have a membership, then there is not a sync tab, syncing happens in the background automatically. You can trigger a manual sync by locking and unlocking 1Password.

The sync tab is only seen when individuals have their vaults synced through a 3rd party service such as Dropbox or iCloud.

• curryk89
    curryk89
    Community Member

I got dumped out of the system, so I will try this again.

I think I am a "member" because I pay an annual fee for 1Password.

The fundamental problem I am trying to solve is the manual migration of my 1Password information from a 10+ year old MacBook Pro to a new MacBook Pro. The suggestions on-line involve the copy of the information onto a flash drive and manually move to the new MacBook Pro. Their process includes Preferences>Sync.

• @curryk89

If you're a member you would need to follow this topic https://support.1password.com/add-account/ It will instruct you on how to sign into the app. Once thats done, your data will be pulled down from the servers to you Mac.

You would not need to use any method that involves the sync tab or a flash drive. As that sync tab only applies to users who do not have a memberships/account.

• curryk89
    curryk89
    Community Member

I got dumped out of the system, so I will try this again.

I think I am a "member" because I pay an annual fee for 1Password.

The fundamental problem I am trying to solve is the manual migration of my 1Password information from a 10+ year old MacBook Pro to a new MacBook Pro. The suggestions on-line involve the copy of the information onto a flash drive and manually move to the new MacBook Pro. Their process includes Preferences>Sync.

• curryk89
    curryk89
    Community Member

It appears that the solution you describe would utilize a "cloud" transfer. Is that true?

I have been reluctant to expose my password information to the cloud. I was hoping to synchronize with other devices (iPad, iPhone) via WiFi from the Mac (I think 1Password refers to this as VLAN), but I was never able to get this to work (remember I am 1Password 7.3.2). As I remember, the VLAN solution was unavailable for some period of time.

• curryk89
    curryk89
    Community Member

Oops, I think 1Password refers to a local wireless network to be WLAN.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@curryk89:

If you are a member, you can already sync your data quickly by following the instructions that ag_tommy shared with you.

If you want to sync your data via WLAN, please see these instructions. But please pay attention not to duplicate data: once again, if you are a Member, data is probably syncing automatically for you already.

This discussion has been closed.