subscription question

I use version 6 currently, I would like to upgrade to 7. BUT I sync via icloud and would like to stay that way.
How do setup a standalone license for ios and macos?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @dlopan666,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! :)

If you want to upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac and continue using a local vault (synced via iCloud), then you do not need a 1Password membership account. You can purchase a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac, as described here:

Upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac

And then sync your data via iCloud. However, I would recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password accounts. This way you will be able to use the latest versions of 1Password app on all platforms and avoid dealing with third party services in order to sync your data.

It is much more convenient than local vaults, so if you are against it for some reason, please let us know. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• I know but I don't trust your vaults in Canada sorry. if your vaults were in Switzerland I would. I don't use icloud or dropbox. local sync only

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hi @dlopan666,

We have 1Password.eu, if you don't trust 1Password.com or 1Password.ca. :) Check this article for more information:

1Password in your region

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland–European_Union_relations

Good try. Switzerland is not officially part of the eu, at least not yet. The EU is better at privacy laws than Ca or the US but Sz is the best world wide. Not even close. Oh you wrote the software, you should be able to break any vault.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

you should be able to break any vault.

Fortunately that isn't true. You can read about that here:

1Password Security Design White Paper

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file