Ready to Jump to 1P 7 /Subscription but...

Long-time 1Password user who's ready for v7 & a subscription, however, some of the hardware is older & constrained to certain macOSes:

• MacBook Pro (macOS Sierra, 10.13.6)
  • MacBook Pro (macOS El Capitan, 10.11.6)
  • iPhone 5s (iOS 12)
  • iPhone 8

What is the best way forward with 1Password given this mix?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @TrafficGuy! Welcome to the forum!

Looking at out system requirements, it looks like all of your devices can run 1Password versions that support 1Password Memberships :)

You should be able to run 1Password 7 on all of your device, with the exception of your second MacBook Pro, where you might need to use 1Password 6 instead.

• Hi, ag_ana!

Based on what I had read at agilebits.com, I thought v7 would work on the "newish" devices. How do I obtain v6 for the older MacBook Pro? Will v6 allow me to sign in to my 1Password account to get (&stay synced with) all passwords?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@TrafficGuy:

Based on what I had read at agilebits.com, I thought v7 would work on the "newish" devices.

1Password 7 might work on your MacBook running macOS El Capitan too. However, since 1Password 7 did not exist when El Capitan was the latest Apple operating system, we haven't tested version 7 there. It might work without issues, but officially we recommend 1Password 6 on older operating systems.

How do I obtain v6 for the older MacBook Pro?

You can download 1Password version 6.8.9 from the bottom of our downloads page.

Will v6 allow me to sign in to my 1Password account to get (&stay synced with) all passwords?

Yes, 1Password 6 supports 1Password Membership accounts :)

• @ag_ana:

Downloaded to all of the above devices and connected each to 1password.com. Started the trial...looks good so far.

Thanks for your help!

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

On behalf of ag_ana you're welcome. Please keep us informed about your progress, and if you need assistance, you know how to find us. :+1::chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file