1Password mini keeps disappearing in the last beta (7.4.738) [Fixed in 7.4.741]

2»

Comments

• I just noticed that on the mini window opening the last active app window is being brought to front which hides the mini window. Sometimes it is a random (or a previous app, not sure). The result differs based on when and where I move the mouse pointer after clicking the tray or FF ext icon.

Not sure how or if it helps.

• I may go back to 1P X for now - running these monitors at 125% reduces the real estate available to apps by a noticeable amount. With a browser I can change the zoom, but in FF you have to do it for each page (although there is an about:config setting to set defaults). Other apps, not so easy.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi guys,

Just a small update, we believe we may have figured it out and have a fix; it is related to .NET but this one is a difficult one to reproduce.

We'd like to send you a private build to confirm the fix. We're still testing to ensure there are no regressions but stay tuned.

• I have tried out the provided test version and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Strangely enough, after returning to the last beta, I am no longer experiencing the issue anyway.

Team Member

That is odd that you cannot reproduce it anymore with the last build, that does mean our fix may not be the cure either.

We'll do a another review to see what it could be.

• Thanks to 1Password support and Neil for chasing down the issue - it turns out it was related to external monitors and scaling.

Team Member

Yea, we're a bit concerned about the very slight degradation in the sharpness but we'll looking into it.

We're likely to ship the fix in the next update.

Team Member

@njitman @finwe, please give 1Password 7.4.741 a try and let us know if it is still solid and looking fine.

• Looks good - it has already updated to 7.4.740 so I manually forced the update to 7.4.741, Works on all monitors at various scaling levels.

Team Member

Great thanks!

• Seems OK.

Team Member

Awesome, thanks again.

Team Member

@njitman,

In regards to

In Firefox, the regular 1P extension prompts for the master password but there is no text cursor,

The February 2020 rollup update for .NET fixes this, I was able to confirm it on my PC: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/dotnet/net-framework-february-2020-security-and-quality-rollup/

The KB article ID is: 4534132, it may take a while before it shows up via Windows Update. I had to download it manually to get it but it should be made available to everyone soon.

• Update is installing now - I had to manually do a check for update. Will post back after restart with results.

• All good now - cursor is back on different monitors. Thanks for chasing that down.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the update @njitman! I am glad to hear that things are working as expected again :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file