I use stand-alone licenses for Win v4.6 and macOs v6 (plus iOS and Android licenses) privately with Dropbox sync and am thinking about purchasing Teams subscriptions for my project team to be used with Dropbox sync.
Before I mess with a working system, I want to clarifiy a few things.
My understanding is that my stand-alone licenses are limited to the use of the specific client versions (ie Win v4.6 and macOs v6 respectively).
Therefore my questions:
1. Can I administer a Team from the Win v4.6 client or would that require an upgrade to a more recent 1Password client?
2. If it requires an upgrade, can I run the two clients in parallel, in order to keep the two uses seperate (I do NOT want to migrate my personal vault to Teams, if that can be avoided, as the team is limited in time and don't want the hassle of returning everything back to my standalone licenses, once the team disbands).
3. What issues am I to expect with running two clients in parallel (if at all possible) relating to browser extensions etc?
4. If above is not possible and I have to uninstall my stand-alone clients / upgrade to a client version, for which I don't have a license, what would I need to do to and keep in mind (lack of forward compatibility of vaults?) to re-install the stand-alone clients (are the installers still available and if so where?) and re-associate my personal vault to them, once the team has disbanded and I no longer have a Teams subscription?
5. Last but not least: What is your current time-frame for continued support of stand-alone licences and clients?
BTW: I searched the knowledge base and found https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/65489/teams-1password-4-and-syncing-using-dropbox-can-we-start-using-teams , but wan't sure if I fully understood the specifics of in how far the statement "But if you change jobs often, or just want some extra piece of mind, you can continue to use vaults that aren't connected to your Team account in any way" means that I can continue using Win v4.6 and if the advice was still current (it being over 3 years old).
I hope the explanation of my requirements makes sense and would be grateful if you could suggested a way forward, if I were to buy team subscriptions.
1Password Version: 18.104.22.1686
Extension Version: 22.214.171.124
OS Version: Win 10 1809
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:using teams with v4.6