Program won't update

I had to install 7.2.617 to even be able to get 1Password to install on my computer (had never had it installed before and 7.3 wouldn't install).

Now whenever I try to update the program from within the update menu in settings, it downloads, closes out of the app and when I reopen it after say 10 minutes due to it not reopening itself it's still on the same version as it was before downloading the update.

Any fixes for this, I am wanting the latest version

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TheRevTastic,

Thanks for reporting this. This sounds like something's interfering with the 1Password update process. Can you tell me if you have any anti-malware solution that's not Microsoft Defender? If yes, try to whitelist the 1Password directory (C:\Users\your PC username\AppData\Local\1Password\) in your anti-malware solution.

Then, try this:

1. Uninstall 1Password via Windows' Settings > Apps and Features or Control Panel, this won't remove your 1Password data as they're stored separately.
    2. Reboot (sometimes it works better this way)
    3. Install 1Password 7.3.612 with this direct link or if you want, you can try 1Password 7.4.738 Beta 1 here. The beta is safe to use, just may slightly unstable as we continue to stabilize it for the final release.

Does that help at all?

• TheRevTastic
    TheRevTastic
    Community Member

@MikeT

That actually seemed to work. I do have Malewarebytes installed and I put in the exception for the folder in there and followed the rest of the steps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that Mike's suggestion worked.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.