Cannot recover 1Password3 database - No option to copy backup to new 1Password!

Options
Alex38
Alex38
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to recover a 1Password3 database that is locked in my iPhone. Unfortunately I updated iOS to version 13.3 and I can't open the old 1Password app at all.

I followed the How to recover your 1Password 3 data from an iTunes backup Windows guide to the letter, but can't seem to find the option to import the exported database into the new 1Password 7.

Specifically:
1) I used iExplore to successfully export the 1password.sqlite file to my Windows laptop.
2) I renamed the file to 1password.1ptbackup and double-checked that the extension is indeed .1ptbackup.
3) I created a Dropbox account and copied the .1ptbackup file there.
4) I installed the Dropbox app on my iOS device

but: when I Export that file, I can't seem to find the Copy to 1Password option!

I checked everything that you mention in the article:

• The latest 1Password iOS app is installed: v7.4.4
  • I checked the 'More actions' button, the option isn't there.
  • Settings>Screen Time>Content & Privacy Restrictions are turned off.

Other things I've tried:
1) I tried uploading the .1ptbackup to iCloud, then downloaded the File app, then tried exporting the file from there. Same issue, the Copy to 1Password option is not available:

2) Copying the 1ptbackup file to the new 1Password app, via iTunes File transfer. I get an error message 'please make sure device is connected' (even though the iphone is connected and iTunes can otherwise sync without any issues).

3) I've even purchased a 1Password subscription, hoping that there will be an option to import this database to a 'cloud' vault, but as I found out I can only import an “Agile Keychain or OPVault folder”, but not the 1ptbackup file.

Could you please help? I have trusted 1Password for years to keep my passwords and I do not have any other copy of the passes stored in the old database!

Thank you

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Alex38! Welcome to the forum!

We will be happy to help you with this. Can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and "connect the dots" with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.