When should I upgrade from Individual subscription to Family?

My own individual membership expires on 5th February, and my wife wants to join up as part of a Family membership with me.

When would be the best time to do this to minimize any potential complications/loss of having to give pro-rated credit for the remaining days on my membership? I plan to use a 1Password Gift Card to pay for it.

Should I do it on the 4th, 5th or 6th of February?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @snozdop!

loss of having to give pro-rated credit for the remaining days on my membership?

Can you please clarify what the problem with the pro-rated credit would be for you?

There are no complications if you want to upgrade to 1Password Families. You can do it on the 4th, 5th or 6th as you prefer. If you do it before the current subscription expires, you will anyway get a credit for the unused time, so your first Families invoice will be discounted.

• Thanks for the quick response.

I don't have a problem with the pro-rated credit. I just wasn't sure if there would be any complications doing the upgrade so close to my usual renewal date (for example, due to differing time zones and the exact time on the 5th my membership renews).

Thanks.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@snozdop:

There won't be any problems like that :) Please feel free to upgrade to a Families Membership anytime you prefer.

• Ok thanks.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@snozdop, you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file