I have to reboot my Mac often

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password7 not working on Catalina.

Comments

• MTB1PW
    MTB1PW
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I've been using Macs for 20 years, with very few issues. I just started using 1Password last fall. I love it in theory, but the best I can tell, it is somehow wreaking havoc on the performance of my iMac. Ever since I downloaded the Catalina OS, I have problems where my browser (usually Firefox, but on occasion Chrome as well) becomes non-responsive after I use 1PW to log in to a site. It also happens with Evernote. And by non-responsive, I don't just mean that I have to force-quit my browser or Evernote; I have to completely reboot my iMac in order for the browser or Evernote to begin working again. This is, obviously, very disruptive and extraordinarily exasperating. I used to be able to go weeks at a time with just letting my iMac sleep and wake up, only doing an occasional reboot. Now, I literally have to reboot every day, sometimes more than once a day. In addition, my iMac will no longer back up to my external hard drive; it simply no longer recognizes the drive. HELP! Please! I do not want to have to stop using 1PW, but I can't keep dealing with this problem or I'll go crazy. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MTB1PW! Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like several things are happening or not working properly on your Mac, since you mentioned also having problems with Evernote, and with your Mac not backing up to your external drive. None of these are 1Password problems.

You mentioned that this started happening since you downloaded Catalina, so that seems to be the culprit. Were things working fine before the update?

• MTB1PW
    MTB1PW
    Community Member
    Options

Well, unfortunately, months have gone by and I don't remember exactly when I downloaded Catalina and exactly when I started using 1PW, so I can't establish 100% that it started at the exact same time. But the reason I suspect 1PW is somehow related is because the browser and Evernote go non-responsive after I use 1PW to log in to websites. If I don't do that, they seem to function fine.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MTB1PW:

Can you please give us some more information about your system, so we can try to reproduce the issue here?

• 1Password for Mac version
    • Firefox version
    • Chrome version
    • 1Password browser extension version

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.