Feature Request (mainly bank related). Specific password Digits

Options

Hi I would like to make a feature request. More and more banks at least in the UK don't ask for the whole password but specific digits from it. At least with 1password for windows u can have the big password with the numbered of the digit above. On Android u can't (Please fix it)
Is there any way that you can read the screen for the asked digits and fill only those?
Also I mentioned in the past something around this. Please add the option of a multiline password. You have notes as part of the login card but not hidden notes. It would be really useful for things such as backup codes. Even more u may also be able to add a different field for that so that we can copy those codes one by one without revealing them, or reveal them all together. As all the sites that provide 2FA provide backup codes, it is something very sensible to implement

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows,Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• We actually have most of these things already, @jimger, though there is definitely room for improvement. On Android, you can view the password in large type, just like on Windows. Open 1Password, find the Login you want, tap the password field, then tap Large Type. Unlike on Windows, you can't have that overlaid on your browser or app, but you can put 1Password into split screen so you can see the character numbers while signing in.

I know filling these is a challenge as well because it all depends on whether the requested characters are noted in a way that 1Password can see. Which are needed is obvious to us, but if those character numbers aren't coded into the form, there may not be any way for 1Password to know what characters need filling. It can read the code on the page, but can't visually see which characters are requested. It's something we're looking into, but I definitely can't make any promises we can make it happen. Sometimes, these tactics are specifically meant to confound any sort of automated filling, so there's a non-zero chance there's nothing we can do. We will certainly explore our options, though, and if we find we can help we will do our best. :chuffed:

Better support for adding backups codes is also something on our radar, though likely as a part of a larger project to improve several things within the item details. If you'd like to have them concealed and be able to individually copy them now, though, that is doable with a bit of legwork. You can add a new section for backup codes and create individual custom password fields for each individual backup code:

https://support.1password.com/custom-fields/

This is what I generally do now. It's more work than I'd like, but it works and we'll definitely be looking at improvements for the future. :chuffed:

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Yeah I know I can put them one by one, but simple that won't gonna happen.... At least offer the option for more than a line password field....
    As far as Large reveal in Android, it isn't the same as windows. Windows has got the digit number so u know the 1st 2nd 3rd character etc. In android it justs makes the password bigger. It is probably only useful for low visual people....

• Oh, hey, you're right about Android, @jimger, sorry about that. I had looked at it last night because someone had asked and I could swear it looked the same, but it definitely doesn't. Must have been tireder at the time than I realized. Definitely would be handy to have the numbers there and I'll be sure to pass it along to our Android team. :+1:

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Haha, no problem. Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jimger,

On behalf of Kate you are more than welcome!

We are always here for you, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us in the future. :) Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.