After using Clean My Mac, my 1 Password keeps giving me an error message that it can not back up.

Options
RinaD
RinaD
Community Member

I have El Capitan 10.11.6 and use 1 Password 6.8.8 . I can not back up after using Clean my mac version X (that I just upgraded to last night).
When I look in my back up files there is nothing there for 1 password. I have had 1 password for YEARS, and this is the first time i had this, and I am sure it is not a coincidence that it happened after I cleaned my Mac. ( I am sure I deleted something important by mistake)
This is the error and it shows up by the extension: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomai..... (you can't see any further of the error message as it shows up in a small space )
Thanks!
R

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: not sure
OS Version: OX X El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:can't back up after clean my mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RinaD! Welcome to the forum!

It looks like Clean my mac deleted some important 1Password files. I am not familiar with Clean my mac, but can you check if it has an option to restore the files it deleted perhaps?. If you cannot find such option, I recommend reaching out to their support for help as well, as they know the product much better than we do.

• RinaD
    RinaD
    Community Member
    Options

If they are unable to help me, can I just delete 1 password from my computer and reinstall it all without losing anything?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RinaD:

That depends on where your data is stored. Are you currently syncing your data somewhere or is it only stored on your machine?

• RinaD
    RinaD
    Community Member
    Options

It is synced through iCloud. It is on my Mac computer and my iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RinaD:

In this case, you could try installing the app again, and see if that helps. Are you currently using the app installed from the Mac App Store or from our website?

• RinaD
    RinaD
    Community Member
    Options

The Mac App Store.. does it make a difference?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@RinaD:

Yes, because you will have to download the app again from the same location if you decide to uninstall it. Before you try anything, I recommend also sending us a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can see exactly how your 1Password app is configured before trying anything.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and "connect the dots" with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.