Alfred Snippets and Text Expansion does not work in 1Password for Mac

aaaaaa
aaaaaa
Community Member

The "Snippets and Text Expansion" feature of Alfred (https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/snippets/) does not work when editing items in the 1Password for Mac desktop app. Typing a keyword for a snippet does not expand the keyword to the snippet text, despite text expansion working in all other apps.

1Password Version: 7.4.1 (70401002)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2 (19C57)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @aaaaaa

That's correct, and intentional. We utilize Apple's SecureInput feature within 1Password for Mac so that other apps cannot monitor what you are typing into 1Password. This will prevent utilities that rely on monitoring what you're typing from working.

Ben

• aaaaaa
    aaaaaa
    Community Member

Ok, understood, thanks Ben.

The scenario in which I often attempt expanding an Alfred snippet is just when I need to fill an email address in the username field, so can I make the following feature request (or has this already been requested) for the macOS app?

When starting to type in the username field, offer autocomplete suggestions for the most commonly-used email addresses that appear in other items in the user's vault? This data would be local to the vault and would only build suggestions based on other email addresses used within the vault and would not rely on any external data sources. Maybe even make a preference which is disabled by default (opt-in only).

I'm not certain but I believe the iOS app has or had this feature at some point.

• Thanks for the suggestion. We have indeed done something similar on iOS, though at present it isn't operating the way we'd like due to a bug (somewhere). Perhaps in the future we'll be able to bring that to macOS as well. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.