New macbook--1P cannot edit or delete entry

On my new macbook pro I simply used the migration assistant to transfer applications. 1Password seems to work fine EXCEPT it will not allow me to edit or delete entries. I can add a new one but cannot edit or delete one. I get the message

Failed to save the object [EntryTitle/F6824909E2FA450B9F6DD4580AA8C948]: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 UserInfo=0x1198b85e0 "You don’t have permission to save the file “F6824909E2FA450B9F6DD4580AA8C948.1password” in the folder “default”." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied")

Please help me correct this. Thanks!

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, duedesmom, and welcome to the forums. I'm guessing that the old username and the new username of the OS X accounts are not the same. Is that correct? To fix this, use the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions menu in 1Password. (This will only work if your data file is in the default location. If you've moved to another location let us know and we can give you the proper command.)
  • deudesmom
    edited December 1969
    Hey, Jamie, that worked like a charm (different user names). Thanks!

Now, an additional question: with 2 different usernames, can I sync these? Perhaps using Dropbox? (I know this is probably answered elsewhere.)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, deudesmom.

If you mean two Mac accounts, each with 1Password and Dropbox, with the 1Password.agilekeychain file somewhere in the Dropbox-sync'ed folder hierarchy, then yes—that should work like a charm.

Here's some information I hope you'll find useful:
    Let us know if we can help!
  • OolonColoophid
    OolonColoophid
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi there

I'm having this same issue. I've tried resetting permissions via the help menu but I still have entries that cannot be deleted. Any more tips?

Cheers

Ian
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi there

I'm having this same issue. I've tried resetting permissions via the help menu but I still have entries that cannot be deleted. Any more tips?

Cheers

Ian

You probably have your 1Password data file in a non-default location. Could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.
This discussion has been closed.