New logins or updated passwords have to be re-created manually in 1Password

Options
Nekoninda
Nekoninda
Community Member

I'm finding that about 50% of the time, when I create a new login for a site, or update a password, using 1Password to generate a new password, 1Password is unable to recognize and complete the creation, action, or update effectively. After creating a new account at a site, for example, I frequently have to go into 1Password, search for some portion of the website name, edit the item, enter my login name (usually my email address) which 1Password failed to capture as I set up the account, convert it to a login, and edit the primary or secondary website URL in 1Password, in order to get 1Password to connect my new login with the new site. Fairly often, I have to copy and paste the password from my clipboard into 1Password, as well. Sometimes, 1Password seems to have no idea that I created a new account, and I have to build everything within 1Password, starting from the password in my clipboard, that 1Password generated moments ago.

My standard procedure has become to immediately log out of any site for which I have made any login changes, and then try to log in, to see if 1Password is able to supply my login information for the login page. Often, it isn't. It's a good idea for me to do this twice in a row, to see if I get consistent results. At least this procedure allows me to find problems before I have forgotten or lost the details.

I know that website builders are constantly created new and inconvenient login popups, fields, and frameworks to make it hard to store and link a URL with my login data for the site. That must be a great challenge for 1Password developers. But is there anything I can do, to decrease the amount of testing and fiddling that I have to do with every new account and update?

Here is a site where I experienced many of these problems, when I created an account today. https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you open 1Password Preferences > Browsers tab, can you confirm that the option named Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them is enabled?

This discussion has been closed.