Autofill broken for HTTP Basic Auth

Options

A while ago, I used to be able to open the 1Password X extension popup and click "Autofill" on a login, and it would fill my username and password into Chrome's HTTP Basic Auth dialog. This appears to be broken now, it might be since the recent update where you rewrote the filling logic.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0 (Chrome 79.0)
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nyuszika7h! 👋

Thanks for getting this on our radar. To use 1Password X with HTTP Basic Auth, you'll need to use the Go & Fill feature. Let me explain.

When you're already visiting a page with HTTP Basic Auth and you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar, that's when you'll see your Login item suggested along with an Autofill button. However, if you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar while visiting a different page (like www.google.com for example) and search for your item, you'll see a Go button. Clicking the Go button will open the HTTP Basic Auth page in a new tab and fill the credentials you have saved in 1Password automatically. Here's a video showing the process. Could you give that a try and let me know how it goes?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.