Cannot figure out how to combine the vault on iMac with vaults on iPhone

Steverc
Steverc
Community Member

I cannot figure out how to combine the one Personal 1Password vault on my iMac (containing 436 items) with the two vaults (Personal and All Items) on my iPhone XS, of these "All Items" contains 786 items and "Personal" contains 436 items. Please assist.

1Password Version: 7.4.2.
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:combining vaults

Comments

• Hi @Steverc

It sounds like you have an extraneous vault on the iPhone. If you open Settings > Vaults > All Vaults do you see anything other than Personal listed there? If so that other vault should probably be deleted, assuming the Personal vault contains all of your latest changes.

Ben

• Steverc
    Steverc
    Community Member

Thanks much, Ben. It appears that I somehow created another vault on my iPhone app which contains many dupes. I think that's why the Personal vault was updating logins I was doing but the All Items was not.

• Gotcha, thanks @Steverc. Were you able to get that other non-Personal vault deleted? And if so does that resolve the problem for you?

Please let me know.

Ben

• Steverc
    Steverc
    Community Member

I'm actually going through the vault with the dupes, etc., and winnowing it down. BUT, I have another question. I see that there are two accounts, Personal, and Primary, but only Primary is being synced between my devices on Dropbox. Can you set it up so that Personal is being synced as well? Another question. Does all of the information in Personal reflect what is in Primary and vice versa. I am very computer literate (since the very beginning) but this all sounds confusing. Is there a section on the 1Password website that explains where you should store all of your passwords, logins, etc. and explains the difference between a Primary and a Personal vault

• Personal is automatically synced via 1Password without the need for Dropbox. Primary should be deleted. It is a vestige of pre-1Password membership usage. :)

Ben

• Steverc
    Steverc
    Community Member

Thanks but I have a more complete list of my logins on Primary than Personal. Can I move the logins etc that I have on Primary over to Personal? I would need to do them one at a time then before deleting Primary or I'd lose them all

• You can, yes:

Move and copy items

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Steverc
    Steverc
    Community Member

Thanks much! I confess I figured it out on my own.

So, you don't need it to sync with Dropbox anymore to have your new passwords & changes etc show up on other devices with 1Password? It does it on its own?

Is this explained somewhere in the FAQ on the website?

• I'm very glad to hear everything worked out. :+1: Correct; no more Dropbox. This is outlined in our explanation about 1Password memberships:

About 1Password membership

and in our sync guide:

Sync your 1Password data

:)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.