I purchases family license in 2013. I have forgotten how to share access to this family account.

Heidi_Roy
Heidi_Roy
Community Member

I purchases family license in 2013. I thought by doing this i could share 1password with my spouse so he can also see and lookup passwords we have saved. I can't remember how to share this with him. I need help in doing so. please advise

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I purchases family license in 2013. I have forgotten how to share access to this family account.

Comments

• Hi @Heidi_Roy

The only supported way of sharing data is via 1Password membership, which you can read about here:

About 1Password membership

However, if you and your husband want to sync 1Password (e.g. everything will be exactly the same) you can do that using iCloud or Dropbox. You would also need to share an iCloud or Dropbox account in order to do that. You can read more about that here:

Sync your 1Password data

Also, a license purchased in 2013 wouldn't be valid for the current versions of 1Password. You may be able to use older versions which you license does cover, but that isn't an avenue we'd recommend. A 1Password Families membership would get you access to the latest versions as well as the ability to share:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.