🎉 1Password 7.4.741 Beta 3 for Windows is out! [You'll need to manually check for update!]

MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hey folks!

We got more bug fixes for you in today's 1Password 7.4.741 Beta 3 update. One important bug fix is that we fixed a regression where 1Password doesn't check for updates in the background, it now does. If you're on the first two beta versions (build 7.4.738 or 7.4.740), please open the 1Password menu manually and it'll find today's update.

[IMPROVED] 1Password should be more responsive when opening and/or syncing standalone vaults. {OPW-4086}
[FIXED] Reused Password banners weren't removed or updated after saving items. {OPW-4449}
[FIXED] Saving files from 1Password to the drive did not reveal the file in Windows Explorer. {OPW-3581}
[FIXED] Restored the background update checker for 1Password. {OPW-4462}
[FIXED] Rebuilt how we pass monitor DPI information between processes, this should fix 1Password mini not showing up on certain monitor setups due to lack of DPI information. {OPW-4463}
[FIXED] Scanning from my screen for the 1Password Setup Code did not work sometime. {OPW-4457}
[FIXED] Fixed crashes from the submitted crash reports, thank you! {OPW-4458}

Find all of the changelogs of the last three beta updates here.
Direct link to 1Password 7.4.741.BETA-3.

Comments

• Hi MikeT, I just update to 7.4.741, when i right click the 1password icon on taskbar, the menu appear normally. But click any options in the menu doesn't work, cannot open the mini window or app window, even cannot exit.
    The way to solve this problem is terminate 1Password in task manager and re-launch it. Can you help solve this problem?

I am using Windows 10 enterprise 1909 18363.628

• beirnebeirne Junior Member
    edited February 7

I'm stuck on 7.4.738, and checking for the upgrade doesn't find anything.
    UPDATED: I found the download link right after posting this. I'd delete the post if I could.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi guys,

@microka, when you open task manager, did you only see one 1Password process running at the time?

@beirne,

That may happen if 1Password can't reach our site, maybe because of a firewall or something. Can you email us your 1Password diagnostics report, so we can see what's happening. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at [email protected]. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• @MikeT, at this moment my 1Password doesn't work again, i open task manager, in Processes tab, there are two 1Password running under the Background processes; in Details tab, there are three 1Password.exe running.

Team Member
    edited February 7

Hi @Microka,

Terminate 1Password again and then please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at [email protected]. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Hi @MikeT , sent.

Team Member

@Microka,

Thanks, we got the email and the report, we're reviewing and will get back to you via email.

@MikeT, thanks for the offer to help. I already got 741 in so there won't be much to see. I'll let this one go but watch for future updates.

Team Member

@beirne, all of the internal errors may be kept in the logs for up to 14 days, so whatever happened may still be in the logs. Please do send us the report to avoid the chance of it happening again in the future.

@MikeT Another factor is that I was on-site on a customer where I'm under an NDA and can't risk leaking any information about their network. I appreciate you wanting to take care of this and I would otherwise happily send up the diagnostics, and have before, but I can't do it this time.

Team Member

I totally understand, thanks for explaining.

• Thank you!

Team Member

On behalf of the team, you're welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file