Recovering from company wide hack

I am extremely paranoid after my company was recently hacked. I hired an msp who brought in a consultant. After he left I was having trouble accessing the one password website specifically the login page. I was using a chrome browser. I got my msp on the line and we tried it on chrome incognito and it worked fine. By not work it kept showing that the browser was not supported and which three are. I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. Same message on the website. We started looking at processes. Gamebar.exe was running. When we ended that process. The site started working no problem. I was trying to understand if this was a coincidence or 1password was letting me know that it was not secure to type my credentials?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2020

Hi @cookvim,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your company.

By not work it kept showing that the browser was not supported and which three are.

Just to confirm, where did it say that, on the 1Password.com website or was it a notification from Windows saying that?

The 1Password.com site only does that if the browser doesn't support certain features we need, it would imply the browser was severely outdated.

I was trying to understand if this was a coincidence or 1password was letting me know that it was not secure to type my credentials?

I have Gamebar.exe running, it's part of Xbox integration on Windows and I am not seeing any oddities with it. I don't think that's the issue.

In addition, the 1Password.com website would not know about what processes are running outside of the browsers, so it is highly likely it was just a coincidence.

This discussion has been closed.