notifications saying 1password should be installed in the apps folder but it is installed there

mariosauren
mariosauren
Community Member

every time at boot and even during working on my mac i get a popup notification saying that 1password should be installed in the apps (programs) folder. But it actually is installed there.
I already tried to remove and then reinstall 1password but that did not fix the problem.
What else can i do ?

With kind regards,

Mario

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:notifications saying 1password should be installed in the apps folder but it is installed there

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mariosauren! Welcome to the forum!

There are two Applications folder in macOS: the system one, and the one inside your user folder. In order to work properly, 1Password must be installed inside the system Applications folder. Can you confirm it's there, and not in the other folder?

• mariosauren
    mariosauren
    Community Member

yes i can confirm that. the apps folder inside my user folder is completely empty.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mariosauren:

Thank you for the confirmation. I would like to ask you to send a diagnostics report from your Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.