1Password mini - always asks to add chrome extension...

Options
LVagen
LVagen
Community Member

Prior to the last upgrade, when I was on a website that required a password (and I had it set up properly in 1Password, the mini in the menu bar always came up with the matching website once I typed in my master password. Now, it always shows the 'add extension to Chrome' and I have to search for the entry for which I needed the password. The mini preference is set to 'suggestions'. I'd really like to eliminate the 'add extension to Chrome' thing and go back to showing the suggestions. I'm running this on a MacPro (mid 2010) and have been for quite awhile.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LVagen!

Have you actually installed the 1Password browser extension for Chrome?

• LVagen
    LVagen
    Community Member
    Options

I did, but didn't like it, so I disabled it in Chrome preferences and deleted it. Still pops up in mini every time I open it up...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@LVagen - this is functioning as intended, unfortunately (for your purposes): to use 1Password in your browser, you need to install the extension. You can of course copy/paste, but that's not really using 1Password per se, it's just copying information out of the 1Password database onto the system clipboard. If you want to avoid the message, you can click somewhere other than your browser (for example, Finder) first, since 1Password bases how it behaves in part on what application you have active when you invoke the mini - if it's a browser, it will check whether the extension is installed and if not, prompt you to do install it. But if you're in Finder (or any other, non-browser app), you won't be prompted to install the extension.

This discussion has been closed.