Desktop & Browser?

carlospacheco
carlospacheco
Community Member

I currently have both the desktop app and browser plugin (latest public versions) and the most annoying part of that is having to re-log into all browser instances.
Is it possible to only have the desktop one and have 1Password fill in automatically? Is it a setting in the desktop app that I might have turned off?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @carlospacheco! Welcome to the forum!

the most annoying part of that is having to re-log into all browser instances.

Did you by chance install the 1Password X browser extension in your browsers? This would explain why you have to unlock each browser separately, since 1Password X does not communicate with the desktop app.

• carlospacheco
    carlospacheco
    Community Member

That was exactly the issue. Thanks @ag_ana !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @carlospacheco! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• merrie101
    merrie101
    Community Member

I was having the same problem. I've removed 1PasswordX extension but when I put the other "1Password extension (desktop app required)" I have a problem. I do have the version "1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002)1Password Store " installed on my computer. What do you think is the problem?

• Hi @merrie101

After installing the 1Password extension (desktop app required) you have to unlock the extension separately from the 1Password app?

Ben

• merrie101
    merrie101
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. It was turned on. I had to reboot the computer to get it to work. You know - - when in doubt, reboot. It took a long time because there was an update.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @merrie101 :)

This discussion has been closed.