FF-no longer Recommended, false positive?

Firefox 72 removed 1Password X, and it is not on the Firefox "Recommended Extensions" list anymore.

Cisco AMP is also reporting it as virus W32.E3C54FCBDB-95.SBX.TG.

Um, what is going on here? Is it actually still safe to use?

1Password Version: Uninstalled
Extension Version: 7.3.712
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

This is interesting.
    Maybe someone of the Team can clarify this case.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for getting in touch about this, @downtownpaulyp! For your first question, my friend Cecelia explained it perfectly in a previous comment. To sum up what she said, the "Recommended" badge was removed due to 1Password not offering a free tier. We recently learned that in order to maintain a "Recommended" badge in the Mozilla Add-On Gallery, a free tier is required.

The fact that Cisco has reported 1Password X as a virus isn't something I had heard of before now. After doing some research, it looks like a colleague of mine filed an issue for your report via email. I don't have any news as of yet, but we'll reach out to you if we get any news from our developers. I really appreciate you getting it on our radar.

ref: dev/core/core#1062

• downtownpaulyp
    downtownpaulyp
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, @kaitlyn. It should be noted that Cisco AMP specifically didn't like the FF add-on triggering a heuristic response. 1Password X for Google Chrome seems OK.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

@downtownpaulyp – Ah, interesting. Based on your other question being around the recommended badge, I think I can assume the answer, but I'd rather be sure. Did you install 1Password X directly from the Mozilla Add-On Gallery in Firefox, or did you install 1Password from somewhere else?

This discussion has been closed.