Password business and personal use

Hello,

If we are using 1password for business, can users store private information without sharing with a team? If so, what happens to the user's private information (and account) if they are no longer team members, Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cptcrush

1Password Business offers a 1Password Families membership for each of your team members. The only way in which these two memberships is linked is for billing purposes. As long as the person has an account in good standing within the business membership their family membership is covered. If they leave the business then they just have to start picking up the tab. The data is entirely separate.

We do not recommend storing personal data within a business membership for exactly the reasons you'd expect. :)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• cptcrush
    cptcrush
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hello Ben,

Please help me understand how a user can separate personal and business data in 1password. I am trying to understand how 1password needs to be setup/configured for a scenario where users can leave a business account and still keep their own data. How would that affect billing? Thanks

• Hi @cptcrush

It would be accomplished through two separate memberships. You can read more about the process here:

Link a family account to your business account | 1Password

An account from each the business and family membership can be added to each of the native 1Password apps, and then you would select the appropriate one when saving data.

How would that affect billing?

As long as the person has an account in good standing within the business membership then their family account is considered to be paid for. If at any point they no longer have the business account then they would add a credit card to their family membership to avoid it becoming frozen:

If your 1Password account is frozen

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

• BADGROOVY
    BADGROOVY
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,
    I am trying to do the same, inside my business account I went to my profile, but I cannot se any section called Free 1Password Families Membership, where is it located?

• Hi @BADGROOVY

Does your business have 1Password Business or 1Password Teams? The latter does not include 1Password Families memberships.

Ben

• BADGROOVY
    BADGROOVY
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@Ben , I don't own the account, I was given access, where can I check that?

• @BADGROOVY

I'm not aware of a way to obtain that information from our system as a non-administrative user. You would need to speak with an administrator on the membership. The person who invited you might be a good place to start. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.