English translation - the term "period" may not be understood outside America

Hi there,

My parents in-law were having difficulty using the 1password-X browser extension.

When I asked what their issue was, they said that the auto-fill wasn't working and it wanted them to push a key-combination they could not understand. The auto-fill message was "Press Ctrl+Period to unlock 1password".

Once I explained to them that the word "period" was commonly used in America meaning "full stop", they immediately understood what was being asked of them.

I think there should be a setting in 1password for American English or British English to correct for this.


1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Firefox
Sync Type: Not Provided


  • kaitlynkaitlyn

    Team Member

    Hey @woodsb02! 👋

    Thanks for getting in touch. I'm curious what you'd call the . key on your keyboard. I want to ensure it's understood across the board, however, I haven't heard of the misunderstanding in the past.

    Also, keep in mind that the keyboard shortcut to access 1Password X is Ctrl+Period by default, but they have the ability to change that shortcut to a different set of keys. If you need any help with that, just let me know and I'd be happy to walk through it with you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file