Android autofill no longer working in any app (today's app is Orbitz)

curtisjackson
curtisjackson
Community Member

I'm using the latest 1Password 7.4 on an up-to-date Samsung S7. 1Password autofill was working great in all apps, but it quit working a while back. I am not given the option to autofill in any app. I've gone through the autofill setup and everything is set correctly and shows 1Password as my autofill service. I tried long-pressing the password field in an app for which I know I have the password in 1Password (Orbitz) and invoking autofill and the phone said, "No autofill suggestions".

The change from autofill working to not working seems to be coincident with a change in Gboard that put various icons across the top of the keyboard. I tried the vertical ... icon to the right but there is nothing applicable there.

1Password Version: 7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Android autofill no longer works

Comments

• Hi @curtisjackson. Can you please try this?
    1. Launch and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap Settings > Autofill.
    3. Turn Autofill and Accessibility off and back on.

Does this help?

• andyfore
    andyfore
    Community Member

This solution worked for me, but unfortunately what I am having to do is select the "autofill" option from the overflow menu when performing a long press in either the password or username field in an application. Unlock EnPass which I switched away from, the option doesn't automatically pop-up to autofill. Is this the expected behavior, or is this due to me running v. 7.6.BETA-2? If I switch to the current production version will this behavior model change?

• @andyfore I'm using this version, but I'm not having any trouble with Autofill. Are you noticing this behavior in any app(s) in particular, or is it every app?

This discussion has been closed.