Can't empty Trash [UI bug, it is emptied but the UI isn't updated, will be improved in 7.4]

jimmywegjimmyweg
edited February 15 in Windows

I can't empty the Trash in my 1P desktop app. I right-click the Trash tag and left-click "empty trash." After confirming my choice, the confirmation window closes, but the Trash is not emptied. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1PX 1.18.6
OS Version: Win 10x64
Sync Type: default

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @jimmyweg!

Are you able to empty your trash from the 1Password X browser extension, or from the 1Password.com website instead?

• This is an old bug in the UI of the windows app. It’s the same by me. After reopening the application, the trash folder is empty. This bug exists since more than a year - not sure when AB will fix it.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the hint @Finke03! :+1: Indeed, perhaps this is a UI bug, and the trash was emptied. Checking 1Password X or 1Password.com will also help confirm this.

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member

Hi guys,

This should be mostly fixed in 1Password 7.4 betas. We don't have a timeframe on when it will be released as a stable update.

• Yes, after reopening the desktop app, I found that the Trash was empty. I then ran a test and can empty the Trash fine in 1PX 1.18.6.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Thank you for the confirmation! :+1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file