iOS and YubiKey NFC

Options
defiant
defiant
Community Member

Was pleasantly surprised to see what NFC is now supported with the 1password app on iOS

I added my YubiKey 5 NFC, deleted the app and configured my iPhone to require 2FA on next signup via my.1password.com

Took me awhile to figure out where to place the key, but overall works good. For those wondering on my iPhone XS it's at the top near the camera which seems to trigger it.

But, if I select require 2FA without deleting the app it seems to get stuck in a loop where it keep asking for the authentication method e.g. NFC Key, Lightening Security Key or Authentication Code.

Also on occasion I noticed that the NFC seems to trigger a popup wanting to open my.yubico.com in Safar.

The 2FA authentication loop doesn't seem specific to the NFC key authentication method, as the same thing happens if I try enter a TOTP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @defiant!

Can you please let us know what version of iOS this is happening this, and what version of the 1Password app you have installed?

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

iOS 13.3.1

1Password version 7.4.5

• Ben
    Options

Hi @defiant,

The next time you see this prompt please generate a diagnostic report and send it to us. To do so:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/547622/#Comment_547622
    • Your forum username: defiant

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.