I had to back track from Catalina back to Mojave, can't sync properly, suggestions?

materea
materea
Community Member

I am syncing via Dropbox, did for years, but now I seem to have lost my settings. Is there an article you may suggest to read to make sure everything is pointed in the right direction?
My setup includes two laptops, my wife's and mine, two iPhones and two iPads.
Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 7.4.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:syncing lost

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @materea!

Is there an article you may suggest to read to make sure everything is pointed in the right direction?

Certainly, please see our troubleshooting steps for Dropbox sync ;)

• materea
    materea
    Community Member

Hi Ag_ana, we have a password membership, I understand there is a simpler way to sync our accounts than using dropbox? Please advise, thanks.

• Yes, when you have a 1Password membership Dropbox should be uninvolved in the syncing of your 1Password data. Once you've added your account to 1Password for Mac your data should've been migrated. If that did not happen v7 has an option: Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account. First, switch from the All Vaults view to the Personal vault within your account to enable the option. This can be done through the vault switcher at the top left of 1Password's main window (when unlocked). Then select the migration tool. On iOS the option is in 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Migrate Data to Your Account.

Once the migration is complete on all devices you shouldn't have a vault called "Primary" on any of them.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• materea
    materea
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Thank you Ben, for some reason the "migrate data to account" is grayed out, do you have any suggestions? Thanks Germán.

• materea
    materea
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi Guys, I wish I could just get someone over the phone, or at least a chat, I can't see the details of my subscription, and need to get the program doing what it is supposed to.
    1. I can see my data is already in 1Password, presumably on my account, on the web, but I can not see where you guys are charging the monthly fee, or the details of what i have 1Password 7 I believe.
    2. I need instructions on how to sync my devices so it happens through 1Password, not Dropbox.
    Thanks.

• Thank you Ben, for some reason the "migrate data to account" is grayed out, do you have any suggestions?

Are you in the All Vaults view still? You'd need to switch to the Personal / Private vault within your membership before the option will become available.

I can see my data is already in 1Password, presumably on my account, on the web, but I can not see where you guys are charging the monthly fee, or the details of what i have 1Password 7 I believe.

We have instructions on managing your subscription here:

Manage your 1Password subscription

I need instructions on how to sync my devices so it happens through 1Password, not Dropbox.

That's what we're trying to do here. :)

I wish I could just get someone over the phone, or at least a chat

I apologize but we do not offer either of those options. Our support team is available through this public forum, social media, and via private email: https://support.1password.com/contact-us/

Please let me know how you make out once you're not in the All Vaults view for the migration. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.