Some logins suddenly not working correctly anymore

Options
desertman
desertman
Community Member
edited February 2020 in Mac

I recently installed 1Password 7 (incl. subscription) on a friend's MacBook with macOS 10.15. No problem. Everything worked, including the necessity to invoke 1Password for some logins twice as it is also happening on my Mac:

When I want to log in to Chase Bank (and some other places) I use the shortcut a first time, type in "chase," and then get led onto the Chase login page without getting logged in (but the cursor is already blinking in the login field). I then use the shortcut a second time, 1Password chooses Chase Bank on its own, and I only have to press return to finally log in.

This worked on my friend's computer in exactly the same way for some weeks. However, since about a week 1Password does not choose Chase Bank anymore automatically the second time (when the cursor is already blinking in the Chase Bank login field) but simply remains on the first saved login (AAA). It is then necessary to type in "chase" a second time for 1Password to select this login and execute it on return. It happens like this both with Safari and Firefox.

How can this be fixed? Thanks.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: latest
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @desertman!

What browser is this happening with, and on which exact version of the 1Password desktop app and browser extension?

• desertman
    desertman
    Community Member
    Options

As of March 15:
    1Password 7.4.4
    Safari (default browser) 13.0.5; extension 7.4.4

(Used by me only for testing purposes: Firefox 74; extension 4.7.5.90)

Still not working correctly, just as described in original post.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@desertman:

Thank you for the confirmation. I have tested the Chase bank website and it worked for me, so there is probably something different in our procedures. Can you please post step-by-steps instructions to make this happen, so we can test them? Thank you!

• timotimo
    timotimo
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem (Safari 13.0.5, 1Password 7.3.2). To reproduce the issue:

1) Launch Safari, do not navigate to chase.com website
    2) Select your saved login to chase.com from 1Password browser extension and click "Go" (note: URL in 1Password is simply "https://www.chase.com/").
    → chase.com website opens in a new tab
    → username/password not filled in
    expected: username/password filled in at this point.

If I had to guess, I'd say the issue is that the username/password fields don't render right away when going to chase.com. When first loading, you just see a bunch of blue spinners as the page loads/renders. Later, the login fields appear. Maybe 1Password has timed out on the site before the login fields appear?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@timotimo:

If I had to guess, I'd say the issue is that the username/password fields don't render right away when going to chase.com.

That's correct. If the value of the website field is just "https://www.chase.com/", your procedure will not work, because there is no login form on that URL when 1Password opens the page. If you want 1Password to take you to a website and fill your credentials for you, you need to make sure it goes to a page where there is an actual login form when the page is opened.

This discussion has been closed.