Updating from 1PW6 to 1PW7 after trying 1PW7 a while ago...

LaForce
LaForce
Community Member

Hi there,

I just installed 1PW7, after I had used 1PW6.

It seems, I tried 1PW7 before, so the software installed without asking anything, but now only has quite outdated data (from over a year ago), but non on my current 1PW6 data.

In order to don't loose my current data, I quit everything and now I'm stuck...

How do I get my current 1PW6 data (synced via Dropbox) into 1PW7 - and thereby get rid of the demo data.

Btw. if I choose 'Backups' I just see the backups from a year ago.

Otherwise 1PW7 doesn't let me import my current data: Note: I'm not logged in yet using 1PW7 from my machine. All 'Import' related items are greyed out.

Everything on current MacOS Catalina. 1PW 7.4.2

Any info appreciated, how to get a clean state of my current data ...

thx

andy

1Password Version: 7.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3 (19D76)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• LaForce
    LaForce
    Community Member

Finally I did a full-reset (sort-of) and started from scratch. Now everything works fine.
    BUT - I think, it would be good to have some sort of full-uninstall, which also removes backups and other sandboxed data, just to avoid confusion...

• @LaForce

Thanks for letting us know you resolved the issue, and also for making the suggestion. Perhaps you saw our topic on resetting 1Password - https://support.1password.com/starting-over/#reset-1password ?

• LaForce
    LaForce
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Yes - I saw that link, but when I tried for the first time, 1PW launched, I clicked somewhere (because I didn't expect it has data) and was presented with my data (which was not current and I didn't spot that first - because the data was sorted alphabetically).
    I then did the reset and still found the backups in the 'Backups' section, so I was unsure, if it still kept traces of that old installation. So, to me, it would be cleaner to remove all data when doing a reset (maybe keep an option for it available, so the user can choose). But as is, it's a bit confusing...

Anyway - it's working okay so far...

• @LaFroce

Thanks for elaborating on that. I can see how it would be confusing. Hopefully, we can improve on this in the future, and at the very least, improve the wording to make it fit the actions better.

This discussion has been closed.