Add secure note via browser?

This may be a very stupid question, but I can't figure out how to add a secure note to a vault using Firefox browser under Linux. There doesn't seem to be any option to either type in a note in the web page, or drag/drop a file as a note.

Since I'm on Linux, there's no "app" for me to use.

So, how am I supposed to accomplish this?

Thanks!
John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Add secure note via browser?

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @N8UR ,

You can create any type of new item like so:
    1. Open Firefox.
    2. Click the 1Password icon on the top right toolbar and unlock it to show 1Password.
    3. Click the big "PLUS" icon to reveal the menu.
    4. Select "Secure Note" or "Document" from the list of options. Document type items can be any file type.

You can also do that directly in your 1Password.com account via our website, but the 1Password X extension will do that for you in a much faster and convenient way :)

• N8UR
    N8UR
    Community Member

Thank you, Yaron! I discovered the problem shortly after posting -- it's a UI problem (for me, at least). With the large browser window full of open space, I didn't see the PLUS icon at the bottom. (This may be related to my poor peripheral vision.) Once I spotted it and later the EDIT button also at the bottom, all was clear. It's just that with the fairly large browser window I didn't see those items down at the bottom. Just a suggestion -- why not put them at the top where they would be more intuitive to spot?

Thanks!
    John (N8UR is my ham radio callsign)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @N8UR ,
    I'm glad you found it.

The PLUS button is at the top right corner of the 1Password window, but it sounds like you have some custom setup and resolution there that may have changed the UI drastically. You can see what it looks like by default here: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/#search-1password

I hope that clarifies things :)

This discussion has been closed.