With the latest version (7.4.3), keyboard shortcuts not working correctly in Opera (66.0.3515.10)

Options
bduhaime
bduhaime
Community Member

Using a custom keyboard shortcut, 1Password will automatically retrieve and fill in username and password on the current page. With the latest release of 1Password this is working correctly in Safari (13.0.5) but not in Opera. In Opera the keyboard shortcut will open the "mini" app window but the item corresponding to the current page is not selected.

Interestingly, clicking the 1Password icon in Opera's toolbar opens the "mini" app window with the item for the current page already selected.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Chrome extension in Opera. Restarting Opera didn't improve things. Restarting my Mac didn't improve things, either. Is there anything else that I can on my end to restore this functionality in Opera?

Please let me know if there is any additional information I can provide that would be helpful to you.

Thanks,

Brad Duhaime

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS Catalina (10.15.3)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:opera

Comments

• @bduhaime

Please check your 1Password: Preferences > Mini and verify that "Open 1Password to" is set to suggestions. You can also verify the extension is set properly to the same setting, by looking immediately below the search field, and changing that selector from all items, to suggestions.

• bduhaime
    bduhaime
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_tommy - thanks for your reply. So maybe an hour my post I closed my laptop to go to a meeting and attend to some other things. Here I am about 5 hours later.... I got home opened my laptop, saw your post, went to Opera, tried signing into a well-known site, and Boom! It's working exactly as expected. Don't know how, don't know why. I'm not aware of anything changing in that 5 hour period except the passage of time. Nonetheless, I'm grateful that you took a moment to help me out and that, perhaps, you sent good vibes my way.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

• @bduhaime

I have no words for the time frame and it resolving the issue, that is a conundrum for sure. Good vibes to everyone, always! :)

This discussion has been closed.