Empty Categories (And Inconsistent with Mobile)

Dan_Aykroyd
Dan_Aykroyd
Community Member

Hi,

As I'm setting up 1Password, I've noticed that some categories on the Mac always show up; even if empty. They are Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards and Identities. I've tried adding entries there and removing them, trying to force them to go away, but they didn't. So I created another vault, to see if on a blank vault they would still show up, and they do. I assumed that you decide to show them (even if empty) because they are part of those "special categories" that you mentioned in some others posts here and allow to autocomplete, etc.

So, I went to look on the mobile app (iOS) to see if my logic was right and, to my surprise, in the mobile you are not showing them by default and everything is tidied up and neat.

Could you please confirm me if this is the expected behavior and what's the logic behind these? Shouldn't the empty categories hide from everywhere?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Dan_Aykroyd!

I assumed that you decide to show them (even if empty) because they are part of those "special categories" that you mentioned in some others posts here and allow to autocomplete, etc.

You are right: these are special categories on Mac, so what you are seeing is expected behavior. I hope they don't bother you too much in 1Password for Mac though, but thank you for the feedback :+1:

This discussion has been closed.