7.4.3 update continually fails

Options
patrickl
patrickl
Community Member

Hi. Can anyone help please.
I have 7.4.1 currently installed (via Mac App Store). The App Store is telling me that there is an update available (looks like 7.4.3). When I select 'Update' the download proceeds until I get a box saying that I should close the app to update (and to click the 'Continue' button to do this. All goes quiet and then I get a message saying 'Unable to Close 1Password 7', that the update couldn't be completed and to try again later. When I click the Close button the original version of 1P opens
I have tried performing the update with 1Password open, with 1Password closed and following a re-boot etc but am unable to get past this point. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Thanks
Patrick

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @patrickl

It sounds as if the mini process is running in the menubar, prohibiting the update.

1. Open and then quit 1Password completely using the following ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    2. Update from the Mac App Store.

I hope this helps, and by all means, feel free to reach out if you have additional questions.

• patrickl
    patrickl
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent - thanks. Worked a treat then. I had missed the mini!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @patrickl! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• furicchio
    furicchio
    Community Member
    Options

Worked perfectly for me as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear, thank you for letting us know @furicchio :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.