Effort to support filling multi-step login forms

Options

I noticed a disappointing trend recently, that is making login forms multi step: fill e-mail or username, click submit, fill password.

Is there an effort in 1Password to support filling these forms automatically? Given that the largest players in the market do this (Google, Microsoft Live, Amazon), there surely is a need to solve this.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: n/a
Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @finwe!

If you use 1Password X, these forms are already filled automatically when you switch from one page to the other (including two-factor authentication codes, if you have enabled them) :)

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I don't use 1Password X.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@finwe:

Thank you for the confirmation, but mine was more of a suggestion :)

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. So, is there an effort in 1Password to support filling these forms automatically when using just a "plain" browser extension?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@finwe:

We don't have any plans to do that at the moment that I know of, but I will be happy to pass your feedback along to the developers for their consideration :+1:

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

A little OT, but do I see and understand correctly that 1Password X doesn't support local vaults? (ie Drobox-synced)? So I could not fill multistep forms even if I started using 1Password X?

And really, do developers just consider which features are to be implemented? Does 1Password have a roadmap and/or a managerial process to evaluate which features are more and which less important? Anyway, I learned here to expect nothing with new features and enhancements, so I will.

SMH.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020
    Options

@finwe:

A little OT, but do I see and understand correctly that 1Password X doesn't support local vaults? (ie Drobox-synced)?

That is correct, 1Password X is an exclusive for 1Password Membership holders, since it requires a 1Password account to work.

And really, do developers just consider which features are to be implemented?

Yes, they do. They regularly have a to-do list of features, improvements and bug fixes to work on, and discussions on what to implement next.

Does 1Password have a roadmap and/or a managerial process to evaluate which features are more and which less important?

Yes, we do: everything is tracked internally so we can see everything we can work on, compare features and prioritize them. Customer feedback is one part of this process, but not the only one, so this is why we don't say yes automatically to everything.

Anyway, I learned here to expect nothing with new features and enhancements, so I will.

May I ask why you are saying this? All of our apps received hundreds of new features, improvements and bug fixes in the last few months alone, as you can see in our public changelog. Perhaps we didn't implement the features that you specifically wanted, but our developers have been hard at work on every platform to improve 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.