Fill shortcut not working on browser with extension

Hi!

I was a heavy user of 1Password but I was away for like a year. Now I'm back, I do have everything up to date right now, but the keyboard shortcut to fill infos on my browser of choice (Chrome) it's not working.

I already check the https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/ and did everything, but nothing seems to work.

I've tried in many different ones, tried to change the keybind, I do have the desktop app running, but nothing, just nothing... Everything else works out fine, the only thing here is with filling the inputs.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Azeveco! Welcome to the forum!

What version of the 1Password browser are you currently using?

Is the extension working otherwise, if you click on the extension button in your browser instead of using the keyboard shortcut?

• Azeveco
    Azeveco
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hello, @ag_ana!

My extension is in version 1.18.0 and it's the extension that was given me to download on https://my.1password.com/apps

Everything works fine. I can save passwords directly from forms, get a suggested password and even the list of login credentials that I have for that specific website is shown and I can select and it will fill it.

The only problem that I have is that the fill isn't working.

I have the 1Password X extension and I can open it with shortcut, search and everything else, except filling with the shortcut.

As you can see on this print, the only shortcut for this extension is the one to open it:

One important thing is that I've tried to use the companion extension aswell and it works without a problem for filling with the keyboard shortcut, but here's the problem:

The icon of 1Password is not shown on inputs individually and the suggestions does not work aswell. And the interface of the companion extension is exactly like the 1Password mini. It should be like the 1Password X, no? I really don't like the interface and how tiny things are in this companion extension (and 1Password mini).

So if I use the 1Password X, it's beautiful! Everything is perfect, the windows, the search, the suggestions on inputs, the shortcut to open it, except that it doesn't fill with the keyboard shortcut.

If I use the 1Password companion extension, it's ugly, not that great UX, no suggestions and stuff on inputs, but it does fill with keyboard shortcut.

What's the solution here? Can I have the best of both worlds?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Azeveco:

Thank you for clarifying that you are using 1Password X! Indeed, 1Password X works a bit different from the traditional browser extension: it does not require a keyboard shortcut. All you need to do is click on a login form, and 1Password X will show you all your available options for that website, directly below the form.

I don't think there is a way to mix the behavior of the two extensions the way that you are asking I am afraid :(

• Azeveco
    Azeveco
    Community Member

Hey, @ag_ana!

That's sad. Is this a feature that it will be implemented? It would be pretty good, really!

Since 1Password X doesn't fill with keyboard shortcut, is it possible to use both extensions 1Password X and the companion one? With that I could use the keyboard shortcut do fill and still get the beautiful UI and UX that the 1Password X offers.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

@Azeveco:

That's sad. Is this a feature that it will be implemented? It would be pretty good, really!

I can pass your feedback to the developers ;)

Since 1Password X doesn't fill with keyboard shortcut, is it possible to use both extensions 1Password X and the companion one?

Yes, you can certainly do that if you want ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#41

• Azeveco
    Azeveco
    Community Member

Thank you for the great support, @ag_ana!

Have a nice day!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @Azeveco! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day too :)

This discussion has been closed.